Friday, July 3, 2015

Healthy Vegan Fridays - Zucchini Pita Pockets

As I type this, I'm falling into the first episode of Penny Dreadful and am completely distracted.  It's the night before a long weekend and I most definitely need a break. We are starting the packing process this weekend for the big move and it's overwhelming.  We are totally not "stuff" people and yet our apartment is jam packed with so much crap that needs to be sorted through.  It creeps up on you!

It's going to be hot and stuffy this weekend, so this week I'm submitting to Healthy Vegan Fridays with an easy, light lunch.  It's a shortcut recipe if you purchase the pico de gallo instead of making it from scratch.  Pico de gallo is a meal maker for me, I always have it on have for sandwiches, salads, tacos, etc. and it makes any meal a little more special.


Zucchini Pita Pockets
One medium zucchini
1/4 cup pico di gallo
1/2 tsp dried mint or a handful of torn fresh leaves
salt and pepper to taste
(Optional) 1-2 tablespoons of vegan sour cream, plain yogurt or coconut cream

Grate the zucchini and sautee in a nonstick pan until soft.  Stir in the remaining ingredients and stuff into a pita once warned through.  Then chow down.

So simple, but so tasty.


1 comment:

  1. These pockets sound great! Love the addition of the mint - fresh is so easy to find at the market right now =)
    Yikes! The move! I can't quite remember when it is, so best of luck! I was hoping to see you before you moved, but maybe our paths will cross again (at least in the blogging world!).
    Thanks for sharing at Healthy Vegan Fridays EC - I'm pinning this awesome pita goodness.

    ReplyDelete