Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Next Step

It's Sunday afternoon. We are back from a morning at the beach. I'm curled up on the couch with a tuckered out Pups by my feet. A stack of magazines is by my side, ready for browsing. My family is making me laugh on our group text. Vegetables are being curried in my crockpot, making the house smell amazing. Pizza dough is rising in my fridge. AP has just finished cleaning the entire house and is about to pop a bottle of sparkling rose.

Today is a pretty good day.

I'm trying to slow down and enjoy the peaceful days while I can. At the end of the summer, we will be giving away everything we own, getting on a plane and heading to Israel for two years. AP accepted a post-doctoral position near Tel Aviv; Pups and I will be tagging along.

There is so much work to be done before we go. Visas, housing, job hunts, Pups accommodations. It's overwhelming but I just have to keep in mind that by October, we'll be having another day just like today, where we do all of our favorite things and eat our favorite foods and take the scenic route home and just live life. Except we'll be in a different house, visiting a different beach, using a different crockpot. Hopefully the new crockpot will have a lid that isn't broken; I can dare to dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment